Production of fertilizers from biogas by-products.
For a company that produces fertilizers (using by-products from a biogas plant) we produced a ploughshare batch mixer capable of homogenizing various kinds of sludges with different levels of humidity.
The unit was conceived for intensive, heavy duty, with the aim to achieve an excellent level of homogeneity in a very short mixing time.
The unit was built in 304 stainless steel, with one square outlet, two inspection doors and toothed plough tools. To speed up mixing operations, and break down any lumps generated by the moist products into which liquids were incorporated from time to time, three high speed side refiners were also installed: for installation reasons the refiners were installed directly beneath the inspection doors.
- Material of construction: high thickness 304 stainless steel
- Maximum useful capacity: 1403 litres
- Mixing tools: toothed ploughs and scrapers, adjustable and bolted, in 304 stainless steel, with Wolfram Carbide wear-resistant coating welded to the entire surface
- 1 rectangular inlet, built according to customer layout, with flange, in 304 stainless steel
- 1 vent port, round, with flange, in 304 stainless steel
- 1 liquid injection port, located between inspection doors
- 1 square outlet, without actuation, flanged directly to the conveying system below it
- 2 inspection doors, with gas springs, and safety door locks with key
- 3 high-speed (1500 rpm) side refiners with combined tool (blades and tulip) completely coated with Wolfram Carbide, installed on the mixer front (below inspection doors)
- Air-purged stuffing seals
- 1 direct drive, flanged to the mixer end plate, with a 37 kW electric motor
MC2: the ultimate mixing solution!