We were asked to produce a continuous ploughshare mixer capable of handling 20 m3/h of agricultural waste materials. The mixer is fed with very different types of materials, sludgy and rather abrasive. Being organic matter, the unit needed to be built to resist to acid/chemical aggression, as the materials were often in the fermentation stage.
The unit had to be fitted with a large, custom-designed rectangular inlet, one rectangular outlet and two inspection doors. It also needed to be equipped with three ports for liquid stabilizer incorporation.
To satisfy all requests we supplied our KC2PV01800DD model, with the following characteristics:
- Mixing drum and end plates in 304 stainless steel, adjustable, bolted weir plate (used to adjust mixer filling load and increase/decrease materials’ residence time)
- Solid rotor shaft in 304 stainless steel
- Toothed ploughs and scrapers in 304 stainless steel with welded Wolfram Carbide coating on the entire surface
- 1 rectangular inlet with flange, in 304 stainless steel, built according to customer drawing
- 1 round vent port, in 304 stainless steel, with flange
- 1 vertical, rectangular outlet, with flange, in 304 stainless steel, according to customer drawing
- 2 frontal inspection doors, with electro-mechanical door locks with key
- 3 liquid injection ports in 304 stainless steel
- 3 side refiner flanges (directly below the injection ports) in 304 stainless steel
- 1 pneumatic panel in 304 stainless steel for proper distribution of compressed air to all pneumatic appliances
- 1 direct drive, flanged to the mixer end plate, with a 37 kW electric motor
MC2: the ultimate mixing solution!